Tuesday, July 12, 2016

bebé dos:: five weeks

How far along: 5 weeks!

Gender: no clue! I go back and forth on this daily. I would LOVE to have two daughters who could be sisters, but I've heard so many lovely things about being a boy mom, and most of the sister/brother pairs I know adore each other and don't fight quite as much in the long run. So we'll see!
Names we love: Julianna Cate & Beau Whitaker/Wallace. Revealing at our gender reveal when that time comes!
Total weight gain/loss: at 121 now, so -2?
Clothes: I'm trying to dress up regularly so I'm in a white and neon coral shift dress today. PJ shorts felt a little snug in the waist; maybe bloat? Trying to wear my super tight stuff while I can! Wearing shorts that will not be so forgiving, tight tops, and my XSs/0s, etc.
Sleep: A little fatigue but nothing debilitating yet. I will be exhausted tonight after teaching at 5am. I wanted to go to bed at 8pm last night.
Cravings/Aversions: I have super smell powers, so anything strong makes me sick. Don't want avocados, do want meat/cheese/burgers/eggs. Drew made spaghetti squash and meatballs last night and even though I turned up my nose at first, OH MY GAHHH it was the best thing I've ever put in my mouth!
Symptoms: Sense of smell! Lightheaded. Emotional... cried last night for the first time, after getting overwhelmed by my OB and T1D info packets I got in the mail and read.

Diabetes Management: So far, doing well. High levels on vacay, but getting a handle this week... Winning meals include almond butter + greek yogurt, meatballs & spaghetti squash, pork tenderloin & veggies, shortribs & zucchini.
Exercise: Need to do my Barre3 now we're home! We mall-walked yesterday but it's been too hot to go outside.
Mood: Snappy, sad for my sister-in-law (who cried at our announcement).
Miss Anything: Wine already. Sigh. Would've loved to have picked up a bottle of Prosecco at Trader Joe's yesterday!
Best Moment this week: All of vacay was exquisite! Especially getting that positive pregnancy test (FINALLY) last Wednesday.
Looking forward to: My first ultrasound and OB appt is August 8! Less than a month until I'm 27!

Upcoming Milestones:
- Our fourth wedding anniversary (July 21)
- My birthday (August 7)
- First Ultrasound/OB appointment (August 8)
- Drew's birthday (August 16)

No comments:

Post a Comment